Monday, January 30, 2006

17 Days Until Pitchers and Catchers Report to Spring Training

Yankees spring training begins in 17 days. Sweet.

Now, I know that most of the people who comment on here are not Yankees fans. BubbaRay and DanTobin are both Red Sox fans (I don't hold it against them. By the way guys, how WAS Brokeback Mountain: The Inside Story of the 2004 Red Sox?), and Boski is a White Sox fan (I actually have nothing against that at all, as long as Boski's not an avid Yankees-hater).

Hockey used to be my favorite sport, and in some ways it probably still is (I can sit down and watch any hockey game at any level, but there's no way I'd sit down and watch the Brewers play the Diamondbacks), but the only sports season I really follow anymore with any sort of enthusiasm is the Yankees' season, and I don't think it has anything to do with my season on the inside in 1998. It's just the most interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Sadly BMMan, I do not hold the highest opinion of the Yankees, most likely that probably due to being envious of the Yankees. I hope my admission will not cause my explusion from commenting. But, my father grew up in Bronx watching the Yanks. Even thought I think he was a closet St. Louis Browns fan.

Also I can say I have been to Yankee Stadium, and that I saw a young Don Mattingly trying to break in, playing LF. While 1B was being held down by Steve Bye-Bye Balboni.

1:42 PM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

Boski, it would take a lot more than your dislike of the Yankees to banish you from posting. Many people out there dislike, nay hate, the Yankees.

That said, i grew up a half hour from Yankees Stadium and have always been a fan. BubbaRay can attest to that. I understand why a lot of people dislike the Yankees, but like you said, a lot of it comes from jealousy.

By the way, congrats to your White Sox, that was quite a post-season. Hopefully, their pinstriped uniforms mean that they'll be more like the Yankees (i.e., actually have a chance to repeat) than their Sox brethren.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

This last season is still like a dream to me. In fact Saturday I re-watched the World Series DVD.

I think one of the smartest things this franchise did was go to the Black, White and Gray uniforms. I just hope we never go back to the court jester uniforms of the late 70's.

Right now I am happy that this team is trying to position itself for a run for '06. I am sad to see some guys go but complacencey kills. Also, I am happy that most Cubs and Twins fans have been stewing all winter. My hope is to make their misery last as long a possible.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home