Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Father-Son Bonding

My son and I had a true bonding moment this morning.

I have a routine that I follow on most mornings, if not every morning. I wake up and shower while my baby-mama feeds our son. Then, she’ll often get back into bed after I get out of the shower to sleep a little bit more while I watch him. Part of the routine involves my morning cup of coffee, which invariably leads to a "pre-trial conference" (if you know what I mean). And since I like to try and sit down at home before I go to work (please see the previous post), I often have to bring my son in to the bathroom with me, because if I don’t he’ll just cry and scream, which would wake up the wife and drive both of us crazy.

Now, just to back up a moment. My son has a little rocker-chair which we put him in a lot. We also refer to it as his toilet because it seems like every time he poops, he’s in the chair. When we want him to go, we put him in the chair.

So anyway, this morning, I put him on his toilet and brought him in to the bathroom with me, which I don’t really like doing, but he really doesn’t seem to mind it. So, I sit down and just as I start to poop, do did he! We pooped at the same time, and he had this great little smile on his face while he did it! I was like, "Whoa, this is major." It was far cooler than crossing streams.

Like me, I think my son appreciates a really good poop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shipperwitz said...

I have NEVER been more PROUD than I am right now after reading that post.

Way to go.

Signed, Yo Baby Mama

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home