Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Accident...

So on my way home from work on Thursday evening, I got into an accident. This stupid woman who was driving in the opposite direction, tried to make a left hand turn across the two lanes of traffic and drove head on into me. Luckily, she wasn't going too fast and I, going about 30 mph, was able to slam on the brakes. That said, my car is probably what the insurance company will consider "a total loss" because both of my airbags deployed and the transmission is probably what they call "all f---ed up" (don't feel bad if you've never heard that before, it's an industry term). This totally sucks because I'll get fair market value from the insurance company for my car, but that's probably nowhere near what I'll need to buy a new car, and nowhere near what it's ACTUAL value was to me (i.e., running and working).

Anyway, the biggest indignity of the whole thing came afterwards while I was standing on the sidewalk waiting for the cops to show up. So of course, this happens on the coldest day of the year, and my nose was running a little bit. This guy came out of a nearby deli, and upon seeing my car on the sidewalk and me standing right there goes, "Oh my g-d, are you okay? Did you hit your nose?"

Amd I was like, "No, why, is it bleeding?" (I hadn't seen my reflection yet and felt my nose running, so I though maybe I had hit my nose on the airbag even though I didn't think I had).

"No, but it looks a little swollen."

To which I answered, dejectedly, "No, that's just my nose."

That story is probably a little funnier if you know me and know what my awful, four-times broken and crooked nose looks like.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have a perfect, beautiful, crooked, bumpy nose that I adore.

4:48 PM  
Blogger d said...

...FOR ME TO POOP ON!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul asked me to poop on his nose once. I told him I wasn't in to that sort of thing but that I'd give him a golden shower for 25 bucks and a pack of smokes. Don't judge me.

11:25 AM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

MattyMo, nobody cares about what you did in prison to some dude named "Paul." Or is that what passes for a fun Saturday night out there on Brokeback Mount...er, I mean Corning?

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU PAUL???

12:35 PM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

I think at that point you would have been well within your rights to pull out your lax stick and drop that dude like a f'ed (I was in the industry) up transmission.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home